Wednesday, May 27, 2015

What's my Purpose?


GOALS!
Who's got them? ::looking out into the crowd::
Obviously we all have goals.
Financial Goals, Career Goals, Family Goals, Health Goals, General Life Goals, etc.

Goals are not too hard to create- all you need to do is think about something you'd like to achieve!
See easy.

Now reaching those goals. That can be tough. 

You see what I've learned is that your WHY is what drives you. If you're not constantly thinking about your WHY and working through that viewfinder everyday, then there's a good chance you won't reach those goals. That concept took FOREVER to sink in with me. The more I thought about it, the more I had no idea what was driving me. Or at least that's what I thought. 

What I thought I was missing was an emotional connection to my purpose. 
Now if you know me, you understand how silly that sounds. I wear my heart on my sleeve! There is never a time where you don't understand what I am feeling at that very moment. 

So with the help of a mentor, I closed my eyes, and I allowed myself to feel what achieving my goals through living my WHY would feel like. I listened to him speak. He asked questions, which provoked an emotional response from me. 

I CRIED PEOPLE.
Tears streamed down my face through the entire exercise.

When I opened my eyes, I knew that my WHY lived within me the whole time. 
I just had to be open to finding it.



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© JHersh Fitness | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig