Sunday, March 8, 2015

Who is JHersh Anyway?

Oh Hi there!
Thanks for stopping by to say hello and look around.

Just a little bit about me. I've been interested in health and fitness most of my life and spent many a waking hour in the pool or at the the gym. Staying in shape and current with what was trending in the industry was really important to me.  But as many stories go, there's a wrench thrown into the plot that gets the heroine into a tizzy that she must work her way out of to get to the climatic ending!

For about 6 years, I fell off the fitness train. As lots of us do when we fall in love. We get wrapped up in a relationship and let ourselves go a little bit. Or in my case about 70 pounds worth of letting go...
yikes.  Sometimes the best part about having a relationship end, is the ability for you to see yourself again. Your true self. After almost 8 years of commitment to someone, it takes a strong will (and loads of support from those around you) to pick yourself up and start from scratch.

All of the relationships that I had spent almost a lifetime cultivating reached out to make sure that I was not only okay, but moving forward. Here's a little lesson for you: Never underestimate the power of friendship.

After the dust cleared, one morning I woke up and saw a my reflection in the mirror and didn't recognize the person looking back. It was time to focus on me.

So I started small. Eating better, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, joining my friends on long walks around the river- you know all the small changes that seem easy to do but until you're ready to do them, don't happen.

With those changes I was able to lose 20 pounds.... and man was that a motivator! It was about this time that an old friend reached out to me. He knew that I wanted to get back to my old self, he had been following my journey, and never given up on me.  Now it was time to really kickstart my journey! I was added to a virtual accountability group and was HOOKED on the competitive and supportive nature that it provided. We worked together everyday through good days and bad days and after the 30 days I had seen such a difference, not only in my body but in my attitude.

About 2 years later, here I am now. 60 pounds lighter, healthier and happier.
I love working with likeminded people on a daily basis to help end the trend of obesity in this country. It's amazing how many people are not educated on how to properly fuel or take care of their bodies. But hey, I was one of those people. Plus working with others on their health and fitness goals helps hold me accountable to my own.

My mantra has been, just a few small, easy changes repeated over time add up to big results.

Thanks for being a part of my journey.



SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© JHersh Fitness | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig