Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sharing is Caring, Right?




So you know this whole Beachbody opportunity that I am a part of, right? Oh... you don't. 
It's probably because I haven't really shared it with you. Lately, I've been doing some searching and I realized that I've become afraid to share, to get you involved, to see if you're interested. I'm sitting here thinking, why? Like seriously, why? Let me tell you a story.

About 3 years ago, a friend of mine who I have known for over 20 years sent me a message on Facebook. We caught up, chatted for a bit and reconnected. Then I started to notice his posts more and more in my feed (social media at work). He was posting about his workouts, his nutrition, his results. He looked like he was having FUN! And did I mention he was getting paid, to workout and help other people get healthy and fit.
I was interested, because well, at the time, I was MISERABLE. 
Overweight, Underemployed, Unhappy. 
So, I started liking his posts. Asking him questions. 
He answered them and asked me questions. 
But I wasn't ready to make a change.
This went on for almost a YEAR. 
He would invite me, I would ask for more information. Then politely decline, or just ignore him. (UGH I know, I'm sorry Mike!!)

But he NEVER GAVE UP ON ME. He continued to SHARE his journey with me, and I continued to be inspired, even if I was afraid.  
Finally in June of 2013, I said, let's give this a try.
I joined his fitness accountability group.
I interacted with the group everyday.
I drank my Shakeology, EVERYDAY.
I made small positive healthy changes. 
And I have been doing so ever since.

I'm not saying that I am perfect. Not by any means. I love being imperfectly myself.  
So why am I so afraid to share this opportunity with you? 

The other day, I had a conversation with a friend and I mentioned to her that I was a Beachbody coach and she said, you are? I had no idea. This is someone that I see often both in person and on social media. Yikes. What a wake up call for me.

I've realized that I've become afraid. 
Afraid to SHARE this wonderful opportunity with you and others.
This opportunity that has given me so much: inspiration, accountability, support, friendship, freedom.
Time to get out of my own way and talk to people. 
Share my story.
Hopefully inspire just one person.
And I promise to NEVER give up on you.
Just like Mike never gave up on me.


Want to continue to see my journey? 
Follow me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/jhershfitness

Ready to get started? Or just learn more?
Drop me a message and let's connect. I'd love to help you on your way.

SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

© JHersh Fitness | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig